CONAKRY, March 17 (Xinhua) -- Thirty two new Ebola cases have been confirmed in Guinea's southwestern Forecariah prefecture, close to the border with Sierra Leone, an official said on Monday.
Anti-Ebola coordinator in Forecariah prefecture, Abdourahamane Batchily said there are three newly reported deaths of Ebola patients in the region's Mabala village, with no safe burials yet.
Batchily said on the national radio that the number of people who have had contacts with Ebola patients in the prefecture has risen to 1,114.
The official said he will lead a team to Mabala, and medical personnel will be deployed to the region.
Official statistics show up to Monday, 2,957 Ebola cases had been reported in Guinea, out of which 1,821 had died.
Related:
U.S. Ebola patient in "critical condition," another worker develops symptoms
WASHINGTON, March 16 (Xinhua) -- An American healthcare worker who contracted Ebola while volunteering in Sierra Leone and came back for treatment Friday is now in critical condition, the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) said Monday.
"NIH physicians have changed the status of the patient with Ebola virus disease being treated at the NIH Clinical Center from serious to critical condition," the NIH said in a brief statement. "No additional details about the patient are being shared at this time."Full Story
Suspected Ebola patient tests negative in Japan
TOKYO, March 16 (Xinhua) -- A non-Japanese national who returned from Liberia has tested negative for the Ebola virus after developing a fever Sunday night, the Japanese Health Ministry said Monday.Full Story
China hands over more medical supplies to Ebola-stricken Sierra Leone
FREETOWN, March 13 (Xinhua) -- China on Friday handed over a new batch of medical supplies worthy of 15 million U.S. dollars to the government of Sierra Leone.
The supplies included 40 ambulances, 10 pickup vans, 30 motorbikes, as well as 1,000 hospital beds.Full Story
