Home Page | Photos | Video | Forum | Most Popular | Special Reports | Biz China Weekly
Make Us Your Home Page
Sports
Most Searched: Australia Open  Asian Games  Li Na retires  US Open  FIBA  

Santos named former defender Marcelo Fernandes as coach

English.news.cn   2015-03-13 09:55:10

RIO DE JANEIRO, March 12 (Xinhua) -- Marcelo Fernandes has been confirmed as coach of Santos on a permanent basis, the Brazilian club said on Thursday.

The 43-year-old had been interim manager after the sacking of Enderson Moreira on March 5.

Santos president Modesto Roma Jr said Fernandes, a defender for the club in the 1990s, was a popular choice.

"Everybody clamored for it and we have to listen to what the fans, the players and the board says," Roma Jr said in a statement on the club's website.

The appointment also had the backing of club legend Pele.

"I like the decision. He is one of us and he represents a new generation," the three-time World Cup-winner said.

Santos' next match is away to Marilia on Saturday in the Sao Paulo state league.

Editor: Tian Shaohui
分享
Related News
Home >> Sports            
Most Popular English Forum  
Top News  >>
Photos  >>
Video  >>
Top Sports News Latest News  
  Special Reports  >>
010020070750000000000000011100001340636241