DPRK Internet, 3G mobile network suffer 2nd outage
English.news.cn   2014-12-28 10:47:05

PYONGYANG, Dec. 28 (Xinhua) -- Internet and 3G mobile network of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) were paralyzed again Saturday evening amid bickering between the United States and the Asian country over an earlier cyber attack on Sony Pictures.

At Pyongyang time 7:30 p.m. (1030 GMT) Saturday, DPRK's Internet and 3G mobile network came to a standstill, and had not returned to normal at press time as of 9:30 p.m.(1230 GMT) Saturday, according to Xinhua reporters and Chinese facilities based in the country.

Earlier in the day, the Policy Department of the National Defense Commission blamed the United States for enduring instability in the country's Internet and denied any cyber attack on Sony Pictures.

The United States groundlessly linked the unheard-of hacking at the Sony Pictures Entertainment to the DPRK, a spokesman for the department said in a statement.

The spokesman urged the United States to conduct a joint investigation with the DPRK.

The United States accused the DPRK of attacking Sony Pictures in late November to deter it from showing a comedy movie entitled "Interview" which features an assassination attempt on DPRK leader Kim Jong Un.

DPRK's Internet has been unstable since last weekend, including a complete outage of about nine hours on Tuesday.

Related:

DPRK rebuffs U.S. accusation of cyber attack on Sony movie

PYONGYANG, Dec. 27 (Xinhua) -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Saturday rebuffed the U.S. accusation that Pyongyang was involved in a cyber attack on a Sony movie.

The United States groundlessly linked the unheard-of hacking at the Sony Pictures Entertainment to the DPRK, a spokesman for the Policy Department of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK said in a statement.   Full story

U.S. calls for DPRK compensation for alleged Sony hacking

WASHINGTON, Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- The United States on Monday insisted on blaming the Democratic People's Republic of Korea ( DPRK) for a cyber attack on the U.S.-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, demanding Pyongyang compensate for the damages caused.

"Well, as the FBI and the president and everyone who's now made clear we are confident the North Korean government is responsible for this destruction attack. We stand by this conclusion," said Marie Harf, deputy spokesperson of the U.S. State Department, at a news briefing.   Full story

Editor: Liu
Follow Xinhuanet     
分享
Related News
010020070750000000000000011100851338829921