Pakistani FM condemns Indian army chief statement
www.chinaview.cn 2010-01-04 16:38:05   Print

    ISLAMABAD, Jan. 4 (Xinhua) -- Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said Monday that the irresponsible statement made by the Indian army chief served no good cause in the region.

    Indian Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor said last week that the Indian military was ready to fight Pakistan and China simultaneously, according to the India Daily.

    Qureshi told reporters in Karachi, the biggest city in Pakistan, that such statement serves no interest of India, Pakistan or the region. He termed it as absurd.

    "It was strange for me as how a person holding a responsible office can issue such an irresponsible statement," he said.

    "We don't like sensationalism," he added.

    He said Pakistan wanted to resume dialogue between India and Pakistan stalled after Mumbai terror attack in 2008.

    The foreign minister said that it is recognized that people in Pakistan are rendering sacrifices in the war on terror.

Editor: Anne Tang
Related Stories
Home World
  Back to Top