A/H1N1 flu virus claims third victim in Macedonia
www.chinaview.cn 2009-11-29 06:16:37   Print

    TIRANA, Nov. 28 (Xinhua) -- The A/H1N1 flu virus has killed a 34-year-old man in Macedonia, bringing the death toll from the virus to three in the western Balkan country, health authorities said Saturday.

    Director of the country's Clinic for Infectious Diseases Zvonko Milenkovic said that the man had a deteriorating health problem, and died of complications within less than 60 hours after admitted into the clinic.

    This is the third death that the H1N1 flu virus had caused in Macedonia, following the deaths of another two men aged 32 and 77 respectively.

    The Chairwoman of the Pandemic Flu Committee Jovanka Kostovska said that 2,600 people have been tested positive for H1N1 flu so far, and the figure is set to rise.

    Macedonian Health Minister Bujar Osmani said Macedonia is one of the first countries in the region to launch vaccination of health workers, adding that people of risk groups, such as children and people with chronic diseases, would be vaccinated from next week.     

Editor: Mu Xuequan
Related Stories
Home Health
  Back to Top