Iran dismisses Israeli threats: FM
www.chinaview.cn 2009-10-26 22:36:27   Print

    TEHRAN, Oct. 26 (Xinhua) - Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki dismissed on Monday the aggressive remarks uttered by Israeli officials against Tehran, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.

    Mottaki underlined that the "Zionist regime" does not dare to attack Iran as it lacks the required strength, capabilities and resources, the report said.

    "We believe that the Zionist regime is in its weakest state now. Today this regime is experiencing the weakest condition in political, regional and international arenas," Mottaki told reporters in a media and press exhibition in Tehran.

    Recently, Israeli officials reiterated that Israel will not tolerate Iran's nuclear bomb and they will react "as soon as they know clearly that there is a threat."

    Israel, the United States and some certain countries have been accusing Iran of secretly developing nuclear weapons under the guise of civilian programs. Israel has so far refused to rule out the option of taking military action against Iran's nuclear sites.

    While Iran insists that its nuclear plan is only for peaceful purposes, it also has suggested in the past that the Middle East should be free from all nuclear weapons, referring to Israel which is widely suspected to possess nuclear weapons.

Editor: Mu Xuequan
Related Stories
Home World
  Back to Top