New Orleans mayor out of quarantine, leaves for Australia
www.chinaview.cn 2009-06-11 08:57:29   Print

    SHANGHAI, June 11 (Xinhua) -- Mayor Ray Nagin of New Orleans ofthe United States was out of quarantine and left Shanghai for Australia, the New Orleans city spokesman James Ross said on Thursday.

    Xinhua's reporter called James Ross shortly after Wednesday midnight. Ross, who was in Sydney at that time, confirmed that Nagin, his wife Seletha and a security guard, left Shanghai and were on the flight to Australia.

    They had been quarantined after arriving in Shanghai Friday after a fellow passenger on his flight fell ill with a suspected case of A/H1N1 flue,

    Ross also told Xinhua that the three people were in good condition, and will continue their business trip in Sydney.

    Nagin is on a 10-day trip to China and Australia aimed at promoting business to his city.

New Orleans mayor quarantined in China

     BEIJING, June 9 -- New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin's trip to China has suffered a setback as he, his wife Seletha and a bodyguard have been placed under quarantine at a hotel in Shanghai after a passenger on Nagin's flight showed symptoms of the A/H1N1 flu, the Shanghai municipal government confirmed Monday.

     Another passenger on the same flight was confirmed of suffering from the flu.  Full story

Special Report:  World Tackles A/H1N1 Flu 

Editor: Fang Yang
Related Stories
Home Health
  Back to Top