Uruguay confirms first 2 cases of A/H1N1 flu
www.chinaview.cn 2009-05-28 05:30:27   Print

    MONTEVIDEO, May 27 (Xinhua) -- Uruguay reported on Wednesday the first two cases of A/H1N1 flu in the country in which the two patients recently returned from Argentina.

    Uruguayan Public Health Minister Maria Julia Munoz said at a press conference that the patients are a man of 24 years old who went to an equestrian competition and a girl of 15 years old who was in Buenos Aires.

    "We want to make public the presence of the H1N1 flu cases in Uruguay," Munoz said. Both patients "have had a good evolving," Munoz added.

    Munoz said that the 24-year-old patients "arrived in the country without symptoms but he went for a diagnosis" after knowing that a Peruvian mate in the competition had been infected with the H1N1 virus.

    Meanwhile, the other patient "has weak symptoms" and she is at her house.

    Munoz said that the second patient did not attend school after returning from her trip, so no special measures have been taken at her school. 

Editor: Mu Xuequan
Related Stories
Home Health
  Back to Top