ISLAMABAD, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan on Wednesday confirmed that the only surviving gunman of Mumbai terror attacks is a Pakistani national.
The Mumbai attacker Ajmal Kasab, now in Indian custody, is a Pakistani national and further investigations are being carried out, said Pakistani Foreign Ministry spokesman Muhammad Sadiq.
Reports said earlier that the American Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had identified Kasab as a Pakistani national, which Pakistan had denied.
Kasab was captured after November's terrorist attacks on Mumbai, which killed more than 170 people.
Pakistan said on Wednesday that it is "seriously examining" the information material regarding Mumbai terror attacks given by India.
India handed over evidence on the Mumbai attacks to Pakistan on Monday and expected a prompt investigation.
The evidence provided by India includes material from the interrogation of Ajmal Kasab, details of the militants' communication links, recovered weapons and data retrieved from recovered GPS and satellite phones.