U.S-led military operation against militants kills 3 civilians in E Afghanistan
www.chinaview.cn 2008-12-17 15:33:37   Print

    KABUL, Dec. 17 (Xinhua) -- Operation carried out by the U.S.-led Coalition forces in Khost province of eastern Afghanistan claimed the lives of three civilians including a woman and injured another, provincial police chief Abdul Qayum Baqizai said Wednesday.

    "The Coalition forces in conjunction with Afghan forces carried out operation against a suspected person Dr. Bilal in Kandio village outside the provincial capital Khost city Tuesday night during which three persons were killed and another was injured," Baqizai told Xinhua but did not give more details.

    Meanwhile, an official within the press department of the Coalition forces in Khost province in talks with media said that Dr. Bilal had assisted militants and foreign insurgents in the province to destabilize security.

    Three persons including a woman were killed while another lady was injured and six persons including Dr. Bilal were arrested, the official at the press department added.

    Neither Taliban militants nor Coalition forces have made any comment.

    Spiraling conflicts and Taliban-linked insurgency have claimed lives of more than 5,000 people, with over 2,000 civilians, so far this year, despite over 70,000-strong international troops stationed in strife-torn Afghanistan.

Editor: Chris
Related Stories
Home World
  Back to Top