BEIJING, Sept. 10 (Xinhua) -- The following is the
full text of "Measures for Administering the Release of News and Information in
China by Foreign News Agencies" issued by Xinhua News Agency on Sunday.
Measures for Administering the Release of News and
Information in China by Foreign News Agencies
Article 1. These Measures are formulated in accordance
with national laws, administrative regulations and the relevant regulations of
the State Council to regulate the release of news and information in China by
foreign news agencies and the subscription of such news and information by users
in China and to promote the dissemination of news and information in a sound and
Article 2. These Measures shall be applicable to the
release of news and information in text, photo, graphics and other forms in
China by foreign news agencies.
For the purposes of these Measures, foreign news agencies include other foreign
entities of the nature of a news agency that release news and information
Article 3. Xinhua News Agency exercises unified
administration over the release of news and information in China by foreign news
Article 4. According to the Decision of the State
Council on Establishment of Administrative Licenses for Items Subject to
Administrative Examination and Approval That Need to Be Retained, for releasing
their news and information in China, foreign news agencies shall be subject to
approval by Xinhua News Agency and shall have entities designated by Xinhua News
Agency act as their agents (hereinafter referred to as designated entities).
Foreign news agencies shall not directly solicit subscription of their news and
information services in China.
Except the designated entities, no unit or individual
shall distribute news and information of foreign news agencies or act as their
Article 5. To apply for releasing news and information
in China, a foreign news agency shall meet the following requirements:
(1) being legally qualified in its home country or region;
(2) enjoying good credit in the field of news and information release;
(3) having an explicit scope of business;
(4) possessing the technological and transmitting means commensurate with
its business; and
(5) other requirements as prescribed by Chinese laws
and administrative regulations.
Article 6. For releasing news and information in
China, a foreign news agency shall submit a written application and the
following materials to Xinhua News Agency:
(1) legal credentials issued by the competent authorities of its home
country or region;
(2) its records of good credit issued by the relevant organization of its
home country or region;
(3) a detailed list, explanation and samples of the news and information
(4) an illustration of its transmitting means; and
(5) other materials as specified by Xinhua News Agency.