BALI, Indonesia, Oct. 3 (Xinhuanet) -- Indonesian Police Chief said here on Monday that their investigation of Saturday's string of bomb blasts on resort island of Bali, which killed 27 people and wounded 122 others so far, might direct to the terrorist network led by Azhari Husin, the Malaysian bomb expert, and his coordinator Noerdin Moh. Top.
Co-leader of the official investigation group and Indonesian Police Chief Sutanto said that there were some similarities between Saturday's tragedies and the other major explosions in Indonesia since 2002.
"Based on the method and the way of operation, there are similarities with previous explosions," said Sutanto.
He mentioned the Bali bombings in 2002, the Marriot Hotel bombings in 2003 and the Australian Embassy bombings in 2004.
Husin and Top., the most wanted terrorist fugitives in the country, were widely believed to be behind these terrorist attacks. Their organization was supposed to be linked with the Al Qaeda.
Separately, at a press briefing held here on Monday, national police spokesman, named only as Soenarko, released the pictures of the three suspected suicide bombers for the string of explosions in two cafes in Kuta Town Square and Jimbaran Beach.
The spokesman only displayed the three's heads as their bodies were shattered by the explosives fastened to their bodies.
Two of the heads were found in Raja cafe in Kuta and the other in Nyoman Cafe in Jimbaran, he said.
He also distributed the pictures of those victims aged between 20 and 25 to the public in order to find more information that could help pave the way for uncovering the cases.
The spokesman did not provide further details of the three.
This has been the second time that the island was hit by major explosions.
On Oct. 12, 2002, an explosion here killed 202 people, most of whom were foreign tourists. Enditem