TOKYO, Oct. 2 (Xinhuanet) -- One Japanese people was killed and four others
injured in Saturday's bomb blasts on the Indonesian resort island of Bali, Kyodo
News reported Sunday.
The 51-year-old Japanese tourist, who was confirmed dead earlier in the day by the Japanese Embassy in Jakarta, may be a university employee in north Japan's Aomori Prefecture, Kyodo said.The victim's family has departed for Bali to identify the remains.
Japanese Foreign Ministry spokesman Yoshinori Katori denounced the bomb
blasts. "The government of Japan reiterates its firm condemnation of atrocious
terrorism that victimizes many innocent people," he said at a press conference
Describing the Bali bombings as constituting "meanness and inexcusable
acts", Katori added, "Terrorism cannot be justified for any reason."
Powerful bombs ripped apart three restaurants packed with diners on
Indonesia's resort Bali island Saturday night, killing at least 26 people and
injuring more than 127 others, including foreigners.
Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer on Sunday said thenumber of
Australians killed and 17 others were injured in Saturday night's bombings.
Meanwhile, according to the South Korean Foreign Ministry on Sunday, eight
South Korean tourists were confirmed injured in the bomb blasts.
The latest findings also showed that 21 persons were missing inthe bombings
in two areas in Jimabaran and Kuta on the island.
Indonesian president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has arrived in Bali to
inspect the scenes of bomb blasts.
This is the second largest bomb blast in last three years. On Oct. 12, 2002, Bomb blasts occurred in Bali, killing 202 people, mostly Australian vocationers. Enditem