KUALA LUMPUR, July 12 (Xinhuanet) -- About 70 students from a middle school in Malaysia's northwestern state of Penang fell ill with food poisoning and were rushed to hospital, local TV reportedTuesday evening.
The students complained of fever, stomachache, dizziness and vomiting at about 7 a.m. local time (2300 GMT) when they were getting ready to attend classes.
They believe it was caused by the rice and beef they had for dinner at the school canteen Monday evening and also the fried noodles served at the breakfast Tuesday morning.
After receiving out-patient treatment, those students were allowed to leave the hospital in the afternoon and their conditions are now stable.
Health officials have taken samples of the food for test and the school canteen has been closed temporarily to be sterilized and cleaned.
Last Friday, 88 pupils in the western state of Perak were also sent to hospital for food poisoning. Enditem