BEIJING, July 7 -- The war memorial of the famous Battle of Lugouqiao reopens today, 68 years after the battle took place.
The memorial has been closed for renovations for more than one hundred days.
According to the memorial's curator, Wang Xinhua, there are now over 140 precious relics on show in an exhibition to mark the reopenning of the memorial. The relics are preserved from the war period, which includes the anti-Japanese war from 1931 to 1945 and the Second World War from 1939 to 1945.
The renovations include seven pine trees on either side of the memorial's entrance to indicate the 14 years of war.
Since the memorial was set up in 1987 in Wanping, Beijing, it has been reconstructed twice, the last time in July, 1997.
Some of the relics are on loan from other museums, while the offspring of Chinese soldiers who fought in the war have also donated many items.